Controls & Commissioning Engineer, Basingstoke
The business has continued to grow and develop over recent years and now needs to enhance its expertise in automation and control panels. To lead this initiative, we are seeking to recruit a suitably qualified and experienced controls engineer.
Working closely with the existing engineering team, the opening offers an exciting opportunity for career progression in a fast growing and ambitious business.
The key responsibility of this new “expert” position would be:
Preparation of Functional Design Specifications (FDS)
- Development of control panel build specifications in line with client’s requirements to allow both 3rd party and in-house manufacture.
- Control system software development and modification.
- Cost estimating and proposal development.
- QA plans & Factory Acceptance Testing (FAT)
- System commissioning
The ideal candidate will be:
- Experienced in control system design & build (water industry experience advantageous)
- Experienced across a range of PLC platforms and software.
- Confident & comfortable facing customers
- Able to lead commissioning, fault finding and training activities
- Qualified in a relevant engineering discipline e.g. electrical, control & instrumentation etc
- Effective working in a multi-discipline project team
- Ambitious and driven to develop the business capability and expertise in this field.
The position reports to the Senior Engineering & Contracts Manager.
A competitive and negotiable package will be offered for the right candidate but would include 33 days annual leave allowance and other employment benefits.
To apply please send CV to: email@example.com
Applicants must clearly demonstrate relevant control system experience.
Responsible for the manufacture & test of a range of chemical dosing equipment, working to a high level of detail and quality to ensure the company’s standards are maintained.
- Fabricate and assemble chemical dosing equipment in line with engineering drawings, P&ID’s and work instructions provided using general hand and power tools. This will involve bund & cabinet fabrication, pump & instrument installation, pipe & valve fitting & basic electrical works.
- Carry out pressure testing & quality checks of assembled components in line with test procedures, reports & work instructions.
- Always work in a safe manner and within the company’s Health & Safety procedures & policies.
email firstname.lastname@example.org to apply
WES is based in Basingstoke, Hampshire and provides nationwide coverage to its customer base, including water companies, industrial and energy companies plus contractors and government agencies.
The current team of around 33 staff includes highly qualified engineers and technicians with many years’ technical experience working within the key industry sectors where WES operates.
WES actively supports young people development and has a close association with both BCOT and Alton College covering work experience and apprenticeship programmes.
WES is always happy to receive approaches and CV’s from suitably qualified or experienced people.