WES Ltd is one of the UK’s leading suppliers of bespoke and standard Chemical Dosing systems and associated support services. As part of the RSE group, our customer base is spread across industry sectors, including Water (largest proportion), Industrial, Nuclear Power, Defence, Marine and Manufacturing.
We are currently enjoying continuous growth and therefore can offer a number of opportunities for motivated Electrical Installation Engineers – ideally with specialist Instrumentation, Controls & Automation (ICA) knowledge and experience – to join the Operations team that supports the delivery of our products.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Ensure that all electrical installations comply with Company and Industry Standards, Policies and Statutory Regulations in respect to Health & Safety.Ensures that all electrical installations are installed, tested and commissioned to current British and Customer Standards.
- Ensure good workmanship and Industry best practice is adopted and ensure a “right first-time finishing culture” is applied to maintain quality, optimisation of programmed hours and that only necessary materials are used.
Provide technical electrical support to the Project and Workshop teams as necessary.
- Complete and comply with all Risk Assessments, Method Statements (RAMS), safety instructions and use all equipment provided in a safe and responsible manner.
- Complete all required documentation, time sheets and sites reports and return to the administrative and management team within prescribed timescales. Use all electronic recording devices or mechanisms as introduced by the business and as instructed to do so.
- Read and interpret instrument loop diagrams, LV/ELV schematics, Single-Line diagrams (SLD) and amend as necessary.
- Liaise with clients, customers, sub-contractors and other stakeholders to ensure full communication of requirements, and compliance with process & procedure.
- Adopt & promote a collaborative team-based approach with colleagues across other departments and with customers, to minimise delays, share skills & expertise, problem solve and communicate to ensure best outcomes.
- Maintain personal awareness of relevant industry standards, developments and legislation. Also ensure personal qualifications and accreditations remain relevant for the role, liaising with appropriate business colleagues to ensure these are maintained in a timely manner.
- Demonstrate actions & behaviours to support WES “values” at all times.
- As this is a mobile role, there will be a need to travel to various client and WES sites on a daily basis. This may require overnight stays and extended flexibility in respect of personal time management and commitment. Therefore a flexible approach to working hours and scope of working requirements will be necessary.
- Identify and promote new ideas and improvements to the business via the appropriate reporting mechanisms.
- Promote WES Ltd products and services at every opportunity.
- To perform all other reasonable requirements of this position, or as deemed appropriate to your skills and qualifications as may be expected or requested generally as an employee of the Company.
- It is essential that the successful candidate has extensive experience of industrial / commercial electrical installations – and desirable that he or she has further experience of instrumentation, control, automation (ICA) installation, testing and commissioning in line with industry and electrical standards.
- Candidates must be qualified to a minimum of 18th Edition, C&G 2391 Inspection & Test and hold a current JIB Gold Card.
- Further desirable experience in specific Low Voltage (LV) and Extra Low Voltage (ELV), particularly knowledge of analogue control signals including the conditioning, conversion and interpretation thereof would be beneficial. This also includes an understanding of digital inputs and outputs (I/O), relay control logic and instrumentation.
- The candidate should be comfortable and able to work unsupervised on complex control engineering problems which may include interfacing different control voltages and instruments efficiently and safely.