Overview of the role
WES is currently looking for a Graduate Mechanical Design Engineer to join our dynamic engineering team and become part of this growing company at an exciting time.
You will be responsible for
- Creating and altering piping & instrumentation diagrams (P&IDs), 3D assembly drawings, and detailed fabrication drawings.
- Creation of concepts to enable sales team to relay ideas to potential clients.
- Creation of site drawing packs including pipe routing, plant layouts following a survey of the site.
- Management and organisation of WES 3D files and design drawings. Publishing CAD drawings and files to clients, workshop, site team and project management.
- Acting as project manager on specific projects when required
The following skills are desirable for a successful application
- A University degree in an Engineering subject (BEng / MEng )
- Experienced in CAD, preferably AutoCAD Suite (Inventor)
- High level of IT literacy including, but not limited to, MS Office, Email, Internet, Databases etc.
- Able to communicate confidently and effectively with colleagues and customers alike
- A basic understanding of Engineering Quality Procedures.
- Some experience in a manufacturing engineering company or environment
- Flexible and approachable
- Have strong problem-solving abilities
- Thinking creatively and critically to support the project team in the design process, to create sketches and drawings.
- Creating and continually updating drawing management system.
- Salary – £27,500 – £32,500 (dependent on skills/experience)
- 33 days annual leave (includes bank holiday)
- Workplace pension
- Opportunity to access RSE (Ross-shire Engineering) Graduate Scheme
- Training/development opportunities