Title: Lead Project Manager
Reports to: Projects Director
Responsibility for the overall management of Projects to meet the contractual obligations in respect of time, budget and quality and to meet or exceed margin targets agreed at project handover.
To lead & manage a project management function within WES reporting to the Projects Director.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for overall project and contract management of client orders from receipt of order to client handover ensuring obligations are met in terms of delivery, contract commercial compliance, variations, change control, margin & quality.
- Ensure that all project engineering activities are undertaken to ensure operational safety and to comply with the company’s and statutory HSEQ policies and regulations.
- Lead & manage people reporting to you including regular reviews of team and individual performance, training & development.
- To ensure project cost control is maximised and that agreed project margins are met or exceeded.
- To provide detailed, accurate and timely reporting on projects under your management.
- Lead the collaboration of cross department stakeholders to ensure responsibilities are clearly understood & project performance is delivered to meet or exceed budgeted expectations.
- Review and improve procedures, processes, working practices and team structure across the Capital Projects business stream to improve effectiveness & efficiency.
- To lead and promote the application of sound engineering practice and innovation to uphold the reputation of the company as technical experts in their field.
- To assist with customer proposals and estimating.
- To provide technical support to both external customers and WES internal
- Delegate project requirements using the experience and skills of the wider WES project & engineering teams to most effectively deliver project requirements. Close liaison with other managers & directors to understand and agree individual & team priorities.
- To collaborate with the wider business in developing new products and standardising typical engineering solutions to recurring elements of projects.
- Responsible for recruitment to the project engineering team reporting to you.
- To fully support the board of Directors and to participate in managing change and communicate the company goals & objectives to the wider business.
- To lead by example in respect of the company values.