The Mechanical Design Engineer is responsible for:
- Creating and altering piping & instrumentation drawings (P&IDs), 3D assembly drawings, and detailed fabrication drawings, including associated BoMs.
- Creation of concepts to enable sales team to relay ideas to potential clients.
- Creation of site drawing packs including pipe routing, plant layouts following a survey of the site.
- Management and organisation of WES 3D files and design drawings.
- Publishing CAD drawings and files to clients, workshop, site team and project management when required.
Duties & Responsibilities
In general, this role takes ownership and is accountable for coordinating all WES drawings internally and outward to our clients. This may include but is not limited to:
- Creating accurate 2D & 3D CAD drawings from hand sketches, verbal instructions, and site visits
- Add innovation with up front design at tender stage.
- Seamlessly integrating and working with project managers, sales engineers, design consultants, and sub-contractors, to produce and alter drawings.
- Thinking creatively and critically to support the project team in the design process, to create sketches and drawings.
- Creating and continually updating drawing management system.
- Printing various formats of drawing sets for project managers, the workshop team and site engineers.
- Systematically saving sketches and drawings on our CAD server; keeping the server organized; updating project folders and files as jobs progress and revisions are made.
- Organising and uploading drawings to web-based storage sites/collaboration project sites to share drawings with clients.
- Create, edit, and update detail design documentation.
- Co-ordinating design activities with our 3rd party design resource (EMASCO).
- Keep up to date with our clients BIM systems to ensure we can meet the clients changing requirements.
- Acting as project manager on specific projects when required.
- Maintain personal awareness of relevant industry standards, developments, and legislation. Also ensure personal qualifications and accreditations remain relevant for the role, liaising with appropriate business colleagues to ensure these are maintained in a timely manner.
- Identify and promote new ideas and improvements to the business via the appropriate reporting mechanisms.
- Demonstrate actions & behaviours to support WES “values” at all times.