Working as part of a growing service and maintenance team, the successful candidate will have a background in mechanical and electrical servicing. Ideally with working knowledge of pumps, piping, valves, and control systems in the water industry, the candidate will be able to demonstrate a good level of previous experience and expertise in the following:
The role involves travelling to client sites, both clean water and waste water sites, to carry out servicing, reactive maintenance, repairs and replacement on pumps, plant and chemical dosing equipment.
Conduct site surveys to assist with commercial proposal generation.
Promote the products and services of WES LTD
- Provide a reactive response, to customer request demonstrating a flexible and pragmatic approach to solve customer problems.
- Build personal, sustainable and robust customer relationships.
- Adhere to company and client requirements for safe systems of work to the highest standards at all times. (Demonstrating lone working best practice on unmanned remote site).
- Keep comprehensive records in order to document work carried out and to allow correct billing of service and parts to client.
- Safely carry out mechanical and electrical tasks.
- Demonstrate competency to work on chemical dosing systems and equipment and working on customer sites by achieving and maintaining accredited standards e.g. Confined space; Working at height; Chemical safety and Electrical 17th edition.
- Demonstrate logical thought and follow process documentation to quickly identify fault and correct root cause.
- Configure, calibrate, repair and adjust a range of WES and 3rd party equipment on customer’s sites to achieve optimum performance. This includes; pumps, valves, pipework, controllers, sample monitors and systems. Report findings directly with the client and report back to WES in a timely and realistic manner.
- Commercially aware.
- Flexible working may be required as some jobs require overnight stays or working outside of normal hours to ensure customer deadlines are achieved.
- Train others, including client operators and staff to use WES and other 3rd party equipment such as plc, chemical monitors and bespoke equipment.
- Collaborate with the wider WES team to share product and customer information.
- Equally happy working on mechanical and electrical equipment
- Electrical qualification, either 17th Edition or JIB card or CSCS card
- Prepared to attend training in order to achieve relevant certification to attend client sites
- Strong communication skills that build sustainable customer relationships
- Able to work unsupervised
- Desire to finish a task
- Flexible start and finish times so that client problems can whenever possible be resolved in one visit
- Driving licence