An experienced mechanical technician who undertakes a range of activities including manufacture, test, installation & commissioning of chemical dosing equipment in line with industry best practice.
This role works across all WES operational functions, including both workshop and site operations on a range of build and installation projects, and also provides support to other WES departments as necessary.
Duties & Responsibilities
Manufacture & test (WES workshop)
- Fabricate and assemble chemical dosing equipment in line with engineering drawings, P&ID’s and work instructions provided using general hand and power tools. This will involve bund & cabinet fabrication, pump & instrument installation, pipe & valve fitting & basic electrical works.
- Carry out pressure testing & quality checks of assembled components in line with test procedures, reports & work instructions.
Installation & commissioning (Client sites)
- Carry out mechanical installations and ensure compliance with company and industry standards, policies and statutory regulations in respect to health & safety.
- Ensures that all mechanical installations are installed, tested and commissioned to current British or Customer Standards.
- Ensure good workmanship and industry best practice is adopted and ensure a “right first-time finishing culture” is applied to maintain quality, optimisation of programmed hours and that only necessary materials are used.
- Complete and comply with all risk assessments, method statements (RAMS), safety instructions and use all equipment provided in a safe and responsible manner.
- Complete all required documentation, time sheets and site reports and return to the administrative and management team within prescribed timescales. Use all electronic recording devices or mechanisms as introduced by the business and as instructed to do so.
- Liaise with clients, customers, subcontractors and other stakeholders to ensure full communication of requirements, and compliance with process & procedure.
- Adopt & promote a collaborative team-based approach with colleagues across other departments and with customers, to minimise delays, share skills & expertise, problem solve and communicate to ensure best outcomes.
- Maintain personal awareness of relevant industry standards, developments and legislation. Also ensure personal qualifications and accreditations remain relevant for the role, liaising with appropriate business colleagues to ensure these are maintained in a timely manner.
- Demonstrate actions & behaviours to support WES “values” at all times
- As this is a mobile role, there will be a need to travel to various client and WES sites on a daily basis. This may require overnight stays and extended flexibility in respect of personal time management and commitment. Therefore, a flexible approach to working hours and scope of working requirements will be necessary.
- Identify and promote new ideas and improvements to the business via the appropriate reporting mechanisms.
- Promote WES Ltd products and services at every opportunity.
To perform all other reasonable requirements of this position, or as deemed appropriate to your skills and qualifications as may be expected or requested generally as an employee of the Company.